IN-HOUSE Mouth Care Training
Suitable for all the Team
Our courses offer your team with the skills, knowledge and materials required to deliver all your Oral Healthcare Training and awareness training to caregivers involved in daily mouth care
Essential Oral Care Training
ALL FACE TO FACE TRAINING SUSPENDED
This Oral Care Training session is designed for care staff that are involved in personal care. Senior Care Staff, Nurses, Oral Champions, Learning and Development Leads and Trainers.
Professional Training delivered at your workplace with registered Dental Care Professionals focusing on Daily Oral Care for Adults in care homes.
The training session will raise awareness of the importance of daily mouth care as well as practical advice for those people that are dependent or need assistance in oral care techniques. It will provide carers with the knowledge and ability to plan and deliver daily mouth care within care homes and domiciliary care. Our training is bespoke to each care homes requirements.
COURSE TITLE Essential Mouth Care Training
TYPE Residential Care Home, Dementia with/without nursing, Community care
CAPACITY Maximum limit 12
CERTIFICATE Certificate of Attendance (Quality Assured)
DURATION 2 hrs
On successful completion of this course participants will be able to:
1. Have a better understanding of how to provide daily mouthcare for dependent and medically compromised residents to include denture care.
2. Outline the potential effects of poor oral health on an individual's general health and well-being
3. Have a better understanding of what to look for when carrying out an Oral Health Assessment to include tooth anatomy and dental disease and recognise abnormalities
4. Recognise the need for specialised mouth care and supporting people with challenging behaviour
5. Be able to outline the NICE Guidelines (NG48) and what this means for you so that you are better prepared for CQC